Swedish massage is seen as the classic massage, and is the most popular and best-known massage option. This treatment is effective in that it relaxes the whole body, and our therapists will make sure that they speak to you first about any aches and pains you may have, so that they can effectively target these areas and try and iron out any knots you may have. It is also best to tell your therapist beforehand if you prefer lighter or harder pressure, as they can then tailor the massage to suit you and make sure you get the most out of it. Having a Swedish massage will help you to completely relax and unwind, as well as relieving any knots and ensuring that you leave feeling refreshed. This complimentary therapy has the following benefits:
• Improve sleeping patterns
• Increase range of motion
• Eases aches and pains
• Enhances functions of the digestive system
• Slows down heart rate, reduce blood pressure and increases blood supply around whole body
• Helps expel toxins from your body
• Improves mood
• Induces deeper and slower breathing
• Stress relieve and better concentration
Do you suffer from aches and pains? A deep tissue massage could be the treatment for you! We will firstly discuss your body and any ailments or problems you may have, and whether there is a specific area you would like us to focus on. Our therapists will help to reduce any strains built up in your muscles and realign your deepest layers of muscles and connective tissue, thereby reaching the deepest layers of muscles so you feel the maximum level of relief. This treatment is typically more intense, and so it is normal to feel soreness and discomfort a few days after your massage, but this will shortly turn to relaxation and pain relief. Are you interested? Ring our team today and find out more.
There are many reasons why you may feel as though you need to relax, and if this is currently the case then you may benefit from our therapeutic massages. We have a range of massages for you to choose from, meaning that you will be able to target any kind of tension that you might have been feeling in your body. We can treat Asthma, RSI, Lower Back Pain, Neck and Shoulder Pain, Headaches etc. You can be sure that this will be incredibly beneficial for you, as our team have lots of experience.
Quite similar to therapies like Swedish and Deep Tissue Massage, additionally, we use heat and cold therapies to make the treatment more effective and with added effects to those in the other therapies.
Effects of working with hot stones:
• Expands the blood vessels increasing supply of oxygen, nutrients and stimulates detoxification
• Increases metabolism – the build-up and breakdown of substances in the body
• Improves circulation and helps the heart to pump blood around the body effectively
• Stimulates the drainage of waste products
• Helps realign muscle structures which become imbalanced by bringing back muscle memory
Effects of working with cold stones:
Cold stone therapy is mainly performed on the face during a regular massage session, other than that, it is used to treat muscle injury and inflammation. It is also good for the early treatment for sprains, soft tissue injuries, bruises and arthritic conditions like acute bursitis
• Narrowing blood vessels and restricting blood supply to different areas of the body, which is good for treating inflammation as it helps carry excessive blood away from the swollen area
• Reduces irritants present in stress muscles which helps the muscles relax
• Activates the natural pain relief process of the body
• It helps with anti-aging, reducing inflammation, removing irritants in sore muscles.
This massage is based on an ancient technique, which involves applying pressure to specific points on the feet which thereby relay to the body’s organs. During this massage, one of our reflexologists will focus solely on your feet, although they will be happy to focus on your hands if you would prefer. Reflexology has been proven to be very successful with those who suffer from tension. Our therapists will treat the foot and heel area, the more sensitive parts of the body, and will mean that you thereby leave feeling less anxious, happier and incredibly relaxed. If you have seen your doctor and have been diagnosed with something and prescribed medication for it, it is ideal to take Reflexology alongside of the doctor’s medication and care, but not as a substitute.
• Skin disorders: Acne Vulgaris, Eczema/Dermatitis, Psoriasis
• Bone disorders: Arthritis, Fractures and Sprains, Hip pain, Lower Back Pain, Neck pain, Shoulder pain, Elbow pain
• Muscle pain/injury
• Circulatory disorders: Angina, Atherosclerosis or Arteriosclerosis, Varicose Veins, High Blood Pressure, Haemorrhoids
• Lymphatic disorders: Glandular Fever, Leukaemia, AIDS/HIV, Infections, Fluid Retention (Oedema), Swelling
• Respiratory disorders: Colds and Coughs, Bronchitis, Emphysema, Pneumonia, Pleurisy, Hay Fever, Sinusitis, Asthma
• Nervous System: Parkinson’s disease, Stroke, Headaches/Migraines, Epilepsy, Multiple Sclerosis, Stress/tension/insomnia, Shingles
• Endocrine disorders: Infertility (male/female), Diabetes Mellitus, Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, Goitre, Thyroid conditions, Adrenal Gland problems, Male Reproduction, Breast Lumps
• Urinary disorders: Urethritis, Nephritis (Bright’s disease), Incontinence, Cystitis (bladder inflammation/infection), Kidney Stones
• Digestive disorders: Indigestion, Flatulence, Ulcers, Colitis, Constipation, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Hernia, Diarrhoea, Diverticulitis, Cirrhosis of the Liver, Gall Stones, Food Allergies, Hepatitis
• Eye infections
• Ear infections
Nevertheless, Reflexology will also help to relax and rewind you.
Lymphatic Drainage is a massage that is designed with your health in mind, and some of its benefits are that it boosts your immune system, clears blockages, removes toxins and increases your metabolism. It is a gentle massage that helps the body to eliminate waste and toxins and boosts the immune system. It is recommended for those who are regularly ill, or those who suffer from swelling and puffiness, as it is said to promote feelings of health and vitality and leave you feeling energised. If you want to feel rejuvenated and revitalised, this is the massage for you! Other benefits of Lymphatic Drainage sessions are as follows:
• Beneficial for pre and post operations. Those operations include: cosmetic surgery, chemotherapy or other operations where the lymphatic system gets impaired or lymph nodes get removed. Before the procedure, it is a good idea to get Lymphatic Drainage as it clears away the fluid build-up around the body and making you less likely to become infected following the operation, and your organs will be more easily accessible for the surgeon. After the operation, it could be that you have developed scars and bruises in the areas of operation, so this treatment will help with healing that. 2-5 sessions weekly beforehand are recommended with the last one being within 24-48 hours of the operation, and the same sequence applies for afterwards.
• Stress, Anxiety, Tension and Insomnia
• Treats various digestive disorders i.e. constipation, indigestion etc
• Reduce the puffiness of the face, ankles, wrist, limbs (arms and legs) and helps to lose weight
• Skin conditions i.e. acne vulgaris, eczema, acne rosacea and helps repair scar tissue
• Recurring infection i.e. colds, coughs, chest infections, ear etc
• Glandular Fever, ME (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome), Headaches/Migraines, Hay Fever, Sinusitis
• Increases production of White Blood Cells which helps build up immunity and enhances the body’s ability to fight against infections
We provide a pregnancy massage that is catered specifically to the needs of the expectant mother and dependent on the stage of the pregnancy. Our therapists will ensure that the expectant mother’s body is positioned and supported throughout the massage, and hopes to reduce swelling, stress and lower blood pressure. The massage will also help to relieve any other aches or pains, and thereby will leave any mothers-to-be feeling less stressed and emotionally stable, as well as helping with any other types of discomfort. Our therapists are highly trained and will know where your sore spots will be, and so they will carry out the treatment accordingly. Regular massages during pregnancy have been proved to reduce stress levels and make labour easier, as the expectant mothers will feel more relaxed, calm and rejuvenated.
An Indian head massage aims to release stress that has built up in your muscles, aiming at the areas of the head, neck, shoulders and face, and is especially good for relieving insomnia, stress and any tension. If you suffer from a stiff neck or shoulders, an Indian head massage will help to work through the knots you may have and increase joint mobility. Our therapists also recommend Indian head massages to those who struggle to concentrate, because our treatment is so calming that it will help free your mind of any problems or distractions. Those who choose to have an Indian head massage will leave feeling lighter, less stressed and often in a state of euphoria.
With this treatment, you would benefit the following ways:
• Increased localised circulation to the target areas of the body
• Promote better sleep
• May help with the growth of hair on the scalp
• Ease pain on the neck and shoulders and relieve headaches/migraines
• Other conditions can be helped with this such as : Seborrheic eczema, Psoriasis of the scalp, Bells palsy (facial paralysis), (TMJ) temporomandibular joint disorder, Trigeminal Neuralgia, Asthma, Angina, Dandruffs, Cerebral Palsy, ME (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome), Multiple Sclerosis (MS), Adhesive Capulitis (frozen shoulder), Whiplash, Tinnitis, Sinusitis.
The working day can be stressful, however there are things that you can do to help with this. Corporate massages, where a masseuse comes to your workplace to deliver treatments to the team, are becoming more popular than ever, and we can provide you with this service. We are able to attend your workplace to provide massages to anyone who may like one, helping them to reduce stress and cope with the workplace much better. Think Corporate Massage is for you. Please contact our team before booking this treatment to determine if your area is within the region we can cover.
• Avoid heavy meals for at least 2 hours beforehand of the start time as this can cause discomfort while lying on the couch during a session, and possibly vomiting as well
• Avoid drinking too much water before the treatment as this may cause increase the chance of feeling the urge to go to the toilet
• During cold or cool weather, it is essential to bring extra layers of clothing to ensure you are wrapped up warm and cosy so your body does not become tense as you leave the clinic, and the healing of the pain you might have may delay if this is not followed
• If you have any long-term medical conditions, present or recent injuries or are on any prescribed long-term medication, it is your responsibility to ensure that you are medically fit to receive a massage treatment by asking your GP/Specialist. It is also beneficial to bring your medication with you to the appointment.
• You would be dressing down to your underwear, so it is preferable to wear briefs instead of boxers to allow easy access to the thighs.
If any factor of the treatment goes out of comfort level i.e. temperature of the room is too hot or cold; pressure is not firm enough or too gentle or if you don’t like the volume/sound of the music and want it changed; please let the therapist know so they can adjust accordingly as every individual is different.
After completion of the treatment, clients need to follow a few general health tips in which to keep the benefits of their treatment alive for as long as possible, and they are as follows:
• Drink plenty of water to keep hydrated to support and enhance the detoxification process of the body
• Avoid any stimulants i.e. caffeinated drinks like teas, coffees, fizzy drinks etc as they will only wake you up and invade the sensation of peace you get from the treatments. Additionally, it is known that caffeine dehydrates you, which can therefore interrupt the expulsion of toxins
• Rest for the remaining time of the day and possibly the next day as well i.e. don’t physically exert yourself with anything and keep mental activity to a minimum. Get plenty of ‘me time’ and try to relax
• Don’t smoke cigarettes and avoid alcohol consumption
• Get plenty of exercise, minimum 150 minutes of aerobics weekly and more if possible
• Ensure sleeping pattern is a fixed one as it will help the body get used to it and make you fall asleep quicker and wake up refreshed
• Ensure diet is a cleansing diet as the digestive system becomes stimulated as a result of the relaxation from the massage, therefore, to keep it in good shape the following should be done:
- Getting your 5 different fruit and vegetables a day everyday
- Drinking herbal/green tea as something to incorporate into the diet and/or substitute with some of the daily caffeine intake
- Ease back from processed foods, sugary and salty snacks as too many of them are generally unpleasant for health, and saturated fats intake must also be minimal
- Avoid eating any heavy meals and allow the body to use its energy for healing.
• Wait for 2 hours post-treatment before taking a shower to allow your body temperature to come back to normal first
Following the treatment, as well as feeling all the post-treatment benefits, you may also feel some potentially unwanted symptoms which are signs that your body is healing, but they are not at all side effects of any kind. They should subside within 24 hours (24-48 hours for Reflexology), and medical assistance may be worth seeking if they don’t for a long time after it. If you don’t feel any of those symptoms, it does not mean your body is not healing, it still is, but you just can’t see it. Those symptoms are as follows:
• Dryness and/or thirstiness of mouth
• Increased urination
• Increased bowel movements
• Muscle cramps/pain
• Cold-like symptoms (sneezing, runny nose etc)
• Redness of the skin where massaged
• Spots on the skin, especially if previously treated a skin condition
• Tiredness or change in sleeping pattern
• Heightened emotions
• Headaches or light-headedness
More generalised information on how to maintain a healthy well-being and lifestyle is available on the following link: https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/